VitaQuotes
Welcome to VitaQuotes! Some Topics are locked and only accessible to registered members To contact us or ask questions, Please email the site admin: Jbeck@mail.smcvt.edu. Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VitaQuotes
Welcome to VitaQuotes! Some Topics are locked and only accessible to registered members To contact us or ask questions, Please email the site admin: Jbeck@mail.smcvt.edu. Thank you!
VitaQuotes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Twitter
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Go down
VitaQuotes
VitaQuotes
Administrator
Account Status : Administrator

Account Award : Verified Account

https://twitter.com/vita_quotes

Maya Angelou Empty Maya Angelou

Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:33 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”

“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

“Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.”
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum